To us, sustainability means responsibly managing the human and natural resources of today to improve present and future environmental and social outcomes.
Operating sustainability with strong governance is the means by which we will achieve lasting benefits for stakeholders and the environment and is therefore a core principle of our operations.
Mallee Resources Limited will
- Act ethically and transparently with stakeholders
- Be gender inclusive
- Ensure a safe and healthy workplace
- Engage with local communities to provide employment opportunities and improve essential infrastructure and services
- Be responsible custodians of the environment
- Comply with all laws and regulations as they apply to our business
- Respect human rights and the customs of stakeholders
- Employ best mining practises to maximise the value realised for all stakeholders
Environmental management and monitoring strategies is a priority of Mallee Resources.
Key aspects of our environmental management plan include:
- Water usage, efficiencies, treatment and sustainability
- Environmental training and awareness
- Proactive management of environmental hazards and incidents
- Ensuring compliance with statutory guidelines
- Effective management of tailings and waste
- Community and stakeholder consultation
- Planning for site rehabilitation and mine closure